PhotoCon Hawai‘i will be coordinating with Hawai‘i State Department of Education to send photo coaches to participating schools, across the entire State of Hawai‘i. From Kauai to Kapoho. Qualified photo industry professionals will meet with students to guide, coach and inspire young Hawai‘iphotographers on how to think like a photographer.
Our mission: To bring “like minded” photographers and image makers together. To find and to help educate people of all ages to fulfill their dreams of becoming better photographers. Giving these people the ability to seek, find, capture and appreciate the beautiful light of the Hawaiian Islands. The people, the food, the island and the ocean around us.
The students will learn critical photo thinking for their own unique vision.
- The base fundamentals of photography
- Composition & color and perspective
- How to seek and find beautiful light
- How to understand the photo triangle to make great exposures. ISO/Av/Tv
- File management and naming
- Post production to improve images
- How to submit images to the PhotoCon Hawai‘i State wide photo contest.
Photo coaches will be selected on each island and be given the PhotoCon Hawai‘i istudy agenda and handouts. As needed, a live online presentation will also be set up with industry professionals to deliver the course for schools that cannot be visited, by the coaches.