PhotoCon Hawai‘i is a State-wide photo contest. It is open to professional photographers, amateur photographers, students, visitors and all residents who are “like minded image creators” of Hawai‘i.
Only images that you have created in Hawai’i since March 25th till July 30th 2020, are eligible for entry. No participating exhibitor nor the Noyle’s or judges’ ohana may enter.
2: A completed and signed official entry online form must be used for all entries.
3: Entries will be judged on:
- 30% Contest theme
- 30% Technical Proficiency
- 40% Artistic and Visual Impact
4: By submitting an entry to PhotoCon Hawaiʻi’s The Essence of the Pandemic in Hawaii. photo contest, you agree:
- Entrants must ensure that they own the undisputed copyright to their respective entries. Copyright of all photographs submitted rest with the photographer.
- Individuals entering the photo contest must warrant that they have the right to enter the image on behalf of any people in the image. Only if applicable(generally speaking, if person is recognizable), a model release will be required by PhotoConHawaiʻi,should your image be selected.
- PhotoCon Hawai‘i reserves the rights to use your name, likeness and your image in connection with the photo contest as PhotoCon Hawai‘i sees fit, for marketing and promotional purposes across all media though there will not be any monetary compensation.
- PhotoCon Hawai‘i and their associates, affiliates or partners do not assume any responsibility for images submitted in violation of contest rules/copyright regulations. Images that demonstrate violation on copyright and or contest policies will be removed and disqualified.
- Contestants will be notified regarding any image usage rights should PhotoCon Hawai‘i be approached with any commercial opportunities related to a submitted image. Photographer will retain complete control over the licensing of their work and usage fee.
- Image copyright remains the property of the photographer even though permission to use imagery is given to PhotoCon Hawai‘i.
- All appropriate use by PhotoCon Hawai‘i will include photographer’s name and copyright © credit.
- Judging is a blind process. Photographers’ names will only be disclosed to the judges after the judging process has been completed. The judges’ decision shall be final and binding.
- This contest falls under any rules and regulations for such contests by the laws of the United States, including copyright laws. PhotoCon Hawai’i reserves the right to disqualify any winning image if contest rules are not followed. Replacement winners will be selected at the judges’ discretion.
5: Only one (1) image per person who has registered to attend workshops, may be entered
6: Photo contest entry fee is included with your registration for the PhotoCon Hawaiʻi Virtual workshops.No PhotoCon Hawaiʻi Virtual workshop registration, no photo contest entry.
7: Images must be submitted as follows:
- Digital files must be saved as 72 dpi at 2000px longest side in RGB
- Files must be named as YourLastName_YourFirstName_image title.jpg
- Note: No accented characters in file name (e.g. #2*)
Please read the Contest Rules and prepare your images for uploading according to the instructionsor your entry will be rejected.
8: Your image caption will be used for anything noteworthy about your image (i.e. what, where, date, and a brief description)
9: Entries may be color, black and white, or duotone
10: Digitally manipulated images may be entered
11: Once submitted to the Contest, image files will not be returned
12: Entries must be received by 10pm (HST) on October 15th, 2020
13: Taxes, if any, on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner
14: PhotoCon Hawai‘i reserves the right to change or modify the rules at any time without notice
15: PhotoCon Hawai‘i may reproduce and allow reproduction of select images, in approved publications. Credit will be given to the photographer for any image(s) used
16: By entering the Contest, participants agree that their images will remain a part of PhotoCon Hawai‘i history and may be used for future event promotions
If your image is selected as a finalist you will be asked for a 300 dpi hi-res files to make prints from. Pictures Plus will be making the gallery display prints and will also make one for you.
18: Each speaker will be a photo contest judge and they will announce their winner at the end of their virtual workshop.
All winners are responsible for paying any and all taxes, shipping costs, and customs fees, if applicable. Any prize details or conditions not specified above will be determined by Donator, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Donator reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Donator, in its sole discretionSignificant prizes from our generous sponsors and partners will be awarded on Sunday November 8th online