PhotoCon Hawai‘i is a State-wide photo contest. It is open to professional photographers, amateur photographers, students, visitors and all residents who are “like minded image creators” of Hawai‘i.
Only images with people in them that you have created in Hawai’i since January 1st,2018, are eligible for entry. No participating exhibitornor the Noyle’s or judges’ ohana may enter.
2: A completed and signed official entry online form must be used for all entries.
3: Entries will be judged on:
- 30% Contest theme
- 30% Technical Proficiency
- 40% Artistic and Visual Impact
4: By submitting an entry to PhotoCon Hawaiʻi’s Essence of People of Hawaiʻiphoto contest, you agree:
- Entrants must ensure that they own the undisputed copyright to their respective entries. Copyright of all photographs submitted rest with the photographer.
- Individuals entering the photo contest must warrant that they have the right to enter the image on behalf of any people in the image. Only if applicable(generally speaking, if person is recognizable), a model release will be required by PhotoConHawaiʻi,should your image be selected.
- PhotoCon Hawai‘i reserves the rights to use your name, likeness and your image in connection with the photo contest as PhotoCon Hawai‘i sees fit, for marketing and promotional purposes across all media though there willnot be any monetary compensation.
- PhotoCon Hawai‘i and their associates, affiliates or partners do not assume any responsibility for images submitted in violation of contest rules/copyright regulations. Images that demonstrate violation on copyright and or contest policies will be removed and disqualified.
- Contestants will be notified regarding any image usage rights should PhotoCon Hawai‘i be approached with any commercial opportunities related to a submitted image. Photographer will retain complete control over the licensing of their work and usage fee.
- Image copyright remains the property of the photographer even though permission to use imagery is given to PhotoCon Hawai‘i.
- All appropriate use by PhotoCon Hawai‘i will include photographer’s name and copyright © credit.
- Judging is a blind process. Photographers’ names will only be disclosed to the judges after the judging process has been completed. The judges’ decision shall be final and binding.
- This contest falls under any rules and regulations for such contests by the laws of the United States, including copyright laws. PhotoCon Hawai’i reserves the right to disqualify any winning image if contest rules are not followed. Replacement winners will be selected at the judges’ discretion.
5: A maximum of 5 images, per person can be entered
6: Contest entry fee is $15, for up to 5 images
7: Images must be submitted as follows:
- Digital files must be saved as 72 dpi at 2000px longest side in RGB
- Files must be named as YourLastName_YourFirstName_image title.jpg
- Note: No accented characters in file name (e.g. #2*)
Please read the Contest Rules and prepare your images for uploading according to the instructionsor your entry will be rejected.
8: Your image caption will be used for anything noteworthy about your image (i.e. what, where, date, and a brief description)
9: Entries may be color, black and white, or duotone
10: Digitally manipulated images may be entered
11: Once submitted to the Contest, image files will not be returned
12: Entries must be received by 10pm (HST) on July 25th, 2019
13: Taxes, if any, on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner
14: PhotoCon Hawai‘i reserves the right to change or modify the rules at any time without notice
15: PhotoCon Hawai‘i may reproduce and allow reproduction of select images, in approved publications. Credit will be given to the photographer for any image(s) used
16: By entering the Contest, participants agree that their images will remain a part of PhotoCon Hawai‘i history and may be used for future event promotions
All winners are responsible for paying any and all taxes, shipping costs, and customs fees, if applicable. Any prize details or conditions not specified above will be determined by Donator, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Donator reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Donator, in its sole discretion. Prizes will be awarded on September 6th, 2019 at the Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, HI.