The Essence of Jurassic Hawai‘i
Worldwide Photo Contest Rules
Contest entry for up to three (3) images in The Essence of Jurassic Hawai‘i Photo Contest is included in the general registration fee. Once you complete registration, you will receive an email with a link to submit your photo entries.
For those unable to register and attend PhotoCon Hawai‘i 2021, you may enter up to three (3) images into The Essence of Jurassic Hawai‘i Photo Contest for a $25 entry fee. Visit the Registration page to pay.
1: Eligibility: PhotoCON Hawai‘i is a world-wide photo contest. It is open to professional photographers, amateur photographers, students, visitors and all residents who are “like minded image creators” of Hawai‘i.
Contest is open for entries on: September 15th @4pm,(HST) 2021 
Only images that you have created in Hawai‘i are eligible for entry. No participating sponsors, nor the Noyle’s or judges ’ohana may enter.
2: A completed and signed   official entry online form must be used for all entries.
2: You are required to agree to the rules and terms of the photo contest to enter.
3: Entries will be judged on:
- 30% Contest theme
- 30% Technical Proficiency
- 40% Artistic and Visual Impact
Any image that goes with this year’s theme will qualify, dinosaurs or not!
4: By submitting an entry to PhotoCON Hawaiʻi’s The Essence of Jurassic Hawai‘i photo contest, you agree to the following:
- Entrants must ensure that they own the undisputed copyright to their respective entries. Copyright of all photographs submitted rests with the photographer.
- Individuals entering the photo contest must warrant that they have the right to enter the image on behalf of any people in the image. Only if applicable (generally speaking, if the person is recognizable), a model release will be required by PhotoCON Hawaiʻi,should your image be selected   .
- PhotoCON Hawai‘i reserves the rights to use your name, likeness and your image in connection with the photo contest as PhotoCON Hawai‘i sees fit, for marketing and promotional purposes across all media though there will not be any monetary compensation.
- PhotoCON Hawai‘i and their associates, affiliates or partners do not assume any responsibility for images submitted in violation of contest rules/copyright regulations. Images that demonstrate violation of copyright and or contest policies will be removed and disqualified.
- Contestants will be notified regarding any image usage rights should PhotoCON Hawai‘i be approached with any commercial opportunities related to a submitted image. Photographers will retain complete control over the licensing of their work and usage fee.
- Image copyright remains the property of the photographer even though permission to use imagery is given to PhotoCON Hawai‘i.
- All appropriate use by PhotoCON Hawai‘i will include the photographer’s name and copyright © credit.
- Judging is a blind process. Photographers’ names will only be disclosed to the judges after the judging process has been completed. The judges’ decision shall be final and binding.
- This contest falls under any rules and regulations for such contests by the laws of the United States, including copyright laws. PhotoCON Hawai‘i reserves the right to disqualify any winning image if contest rules are not followed. Replacement winners will be selected at the judge’s discretion.
5: Only three (3) images per person who has registered to attend on-location workshops, or paid the $25 photo contest entry fee, may be entered. Any additional images submitted will be automatically eliminated, so please choose your three best images!
6: Images must be submitted as follows:
- Digital files must be saved as 72 dpi at 2000px longest side in RGB
- Files must be named as YourLastName_YourFirstName_image title.jpg
- Note: No accented characters in file name (e.g. #2*)
Please read the Contest Rules and prepare your images for uploading according to the instructions or your entry will be rejected.  
8: Your image caption will be used for anything noteworthy about your image (i.e. what, where, date, and a brief description)
9: Entries may be color, black and white, or duotone
10: Digitally manipulated images may be entered
11: Once submitted to the Contest, image files will not be returned
12: Entries must be received by 10pm (HST) on September 22nd, 2021
13: Taxes, if any, on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner
14: PhotoCON Hawai‘i reserves the right to change or modify the rules at any time without notice
15: PhotoCON Hawai‘i may reproduce and allow reproduction of select images, in approved publications. Credit will be given to the photographer for any image(s) used
16: By entering the Contest, participants agree that their images will remain a part of PhotoCON Hawai‘i history and may be used for future event promotions
17: Workshop sponsors who provided photo contest prizes will announce whose image they have selected. Photo contest winning images and photographers names will be online on September 30th by 7pm HST. 
All winners are responsible for paying any and all taxes, shipping costs, and customs fees, if applicable for their prize.Any prize details or conditions not specified above will be determined by the Donator, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Donator reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Donator, in its sole discretion.